We continued to snuggle with Bug passing me her books to read over and over when she suddenly rolled to face me and said "Happy Birthday Mommy". All on her own. No prompting from me at all - and a good 15 mins or so after I'd mumbled to myself. OMG. It was so sweet she just melted my heart. She must have really liked my reaction (which was *almost* tears) because she said it to me off and on all day today. So cute. I even caught it on video. :)
We basically did church, and breakfast. Then came home fed Annabelle and around 11:30 Bug and I laid down for a nap, which was at first about 40 mins of her chatting, passing me books to read etc... While we were napping, Dana provided Rebecca (our realtor) with our deposit for the house we're looking to get :::fingers crossed::: I was up at 1:15 to feed a screaming Annabelle. Bug slept through until 3:30 when I had Dana wake her up. We gathered ourselves together to go out to an early dinner. I just chose Olive Garden. I had been wanting for months to do it up big for my 40th and go to the Magic Castle in Hollywood, but with breastfeeding Annabelle and not pumping (therefore no stash to speak of)... it just wasn't an option yet. Plus, the ol' chest wouldn't survive a trip to MC which could easily go up to 10 hours (leave @ 3:30pm to arrive by 5. Dinner. Shows. Leave at Midnight return home around 1am? Yeah, not happening right now) I plan to postpone a trip to the Magic Castle, however, that is now on the fence since we'll be buying an actual house - hopefully!
Anyway, we get to Olive Garden and luckily snag a spot right in front of the entrance. Dana gets the infant carrier out of the car, and as I lean in to get Sydney out I ask him if he'll grab the diaper bag since its on the floor on that side of the car. He informed me that it's not there. What?! I told him I put it behind his feet as he was putting in Annabelle and the mirror I wanted put in the car. I had set it behind his feet (so he'd have to trip over it and totally notice it), as I mentioned to him that it was there and to put it in when he was done with the mirror. Yeah, he missed that. Crap. Back in the car we all go. Goodbye awesome parking spot. Race home, and there it is... sitting right where I left it next to the curb. 20 minutes after we had left! Phew!
We got back to OG and still got a front spot by pure luck since it was crowded. Bug of course charmed all the older ladies waiting in the lobby area. Bug was totally looking forward to her "Mac and Cheeeeeeeese". She napped through lunch-time and was probably pretty hungry.
I was eyeballing the Steak and Gorgonzola Fettucini. Until I saw the 1400 calorie listing. I suprisingly made a great choice while eating out and had the Venetian Apricot Chicken (340 cals!). 2 Chicken breasts served with asparagus and broccoli. I only ate one breast, but I'm sure I countered the low cals with the alfredo sauce I dipped my breadstick in. Oh well. I'm happy with myself. Also, Since Annabelle refused to conk out, I ate my entire meal while bouncing her on my knee - so that was definitely expending some energy. Go me.
When D finished eating I passed Annabelle over to him to give my wrist a break. Annabelle enjoyed watching her sister.
When we got home, D assembled Buggy's new trundle bed. I had flower sheets or TinkerBell sheets for her to choose between. She chose Tink. I made up the beds, and we took some pics of an excited Bug checking out her bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment