Monday, October 3, 2011

Catching up

So, I have dug my point and shoot out of the bottom of my purse and finally uploaded all the random pics from over the last month or so.

Here are some of my favorite moments or pictures from this random group:

A rare sweet cuddly moment together on the couch, although Annabelle would beg to differ.



- One day I picked up Buggy from daycare and immediately noticed that they had changed her shirt. I wondered what I was in store for .... how much of a mess was on the shirt she went to daycare in that morning. Side note: I generally lay out her clothes the night before that way D can dress her without any trouble. This time I didn't. I happened to be nursing Annabelle on the couch when he hollered downstairs "What's Bug wearing today". I hollered back "Open her drawer and pick something". I was slightly mortified when she came down in one of her nicer Gymboree tops that was WHITE. WHITE and the toddler room don't really mix well, but I bit my tongue because Bug has been cleaner lately. Yeah, not this day. So I pull out the shirt at daycare to view the mess. Would it be playground dirt? Chili for lunch? What could have possibly been messy enough to change her clothes mid-day?

Ta Da! Not sure if it was paint or markers. Thankfully, it was washable and after a nice spritzing of OxyClean it came out like new. I seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw it though:


and it had soaked through to her skin: (yes, I know she's flashing everyone - sorry. I probably delete in the future)






- This I just found so funny. Apparently it is now the year 2017.



Annabelle out to dinner. Inquisitive:


Happy:


Serious:




09/24/2011 - The morning of the Great Flu Shot Fiasco of 2011. After we said "Screw this" and headed to Farmer Boys for some morning grub.




Annabelle chilling in the carseat with a straw:


Sydney's going to be some sort of architect or engineer someday. Look at that amazing stack of creamers! Go Buggy! She did that all by herself. We're so proud.



She's pretty much officially out of high chairs now. Booster seats all the way. Only problem, she can't be strapped in. Exploring her new found freedom, and testing our limits by standing:



So Sydney had a fever on Friday 09/23 and busted out in the infamous Hand, Foot, and Mouth rash on Sunday 09/25. So I had to keep her home from daycare for a week. On Monday, we decided to go get her bangs trimmed, get some Golden Spoon, shop at Target and head home. All was well. Until we were at home and she went running across the room, tripped and planted her cheek onto the wall at a high rate of speed.






So, at that moment, my poor busted up kid had missing teeth, HFMD, and a big ol' red/purple cheek. Poor baby.






Here she is modeling "Frosty Bear". She loves Frosty Bear for owwies. Note the big boo-boo on the left cheek:


- Miss Annabelle still needs to be swaddled at bedtime. The only thing big enough at this point is the ladybug swaddle that Aunt Louise originally sent way back in the day for Bug. I found the hat yesterday, in the bottom of a drawer full of hats and socks that I was organizing. LOL:




Man, her head is so round:





in other news: Annabelle got HFMD a few days after Buggy. Then I got it the day after Annabelle was diagnosed. However, at first with the high fevers, general aches, sore throat, and crappy feelings, I thought I had the flu. The next day I was much improved except for the throat which was still sorer than I think I've ever experienced. A trip to Kaiser ruled out Strep, and confirmed that I had also come down with HFMD. Luckily it was a short lived illness.




No comments:

Post a Comment