Thursday, March 15, 2012

first meal (way late)

Talking with Christine (waves to Christine) on the phone the other night, made me realize I never put up these pics of our "first meal" in the new home.

This was the first weekend (02/18/12) after we got the keys. The home had no electicity or water (well, not turned on yet). We went over there to start cleaning. D brought a generator so I could vacuum everything. I picked up food on the way over. I little Del Taco lunch (it was on the way). Here's the fam, minus me who's taking the picture, having a little picnic on a sheet on the dining room floor.

closer up shot


here is Bug pushing a lawn mower toy she found abandoned in the backyard. They also left behind that porch swing you can see a bit of on the left side of the picture. We're planning on rehab-ing it with some Rustoleum paint and a new seat cushion. Why not, right? A nice place for Nana to sit and do her morning prayer when she's over.



I was totally kidding myself that Annabelle would stay and play nicely on the clean sheet (as opposed to the dirty floor). She ended up following me from room to room as I vacuumed. For the record, I went in the next Wednesday after the electric had been turned on and steamed cleaned every inch of the carpeted areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment