Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The playroom - a work in progress


The bedroom that we chose to use as a playroom (for a few years until the girls want separate bedrooms...) was a very brown room.   The lighter of the 2 browns wasn't really *too* bad of a color - just not what I wanted for the playroom.     I decided to re-do in a pale lavender with a Tinkerbell theme.      D and I bought paint when it was on sale Memorial day weekend and bought for other rooms at that time too.    I bought a pale yellow for the hall bath (which is currently the same brown as the playroom - but will become a "ducky" themed bath for the girls).     Since we had the yellow paint on hand, I decided I wanted to do one wall in the playroom 1/2 yellow and 1/2 purple with a Tinkerbelle border dividing across the middle

Let the painting begin.   Everything was cleared out of the room except the daybed - which was moved to the middle away from the walls.


Sydney having fun running laps around the daybed


Annabelle in hot pursuit of her sister.
Here you can see the one really DARK brown wall

Day 1:   This is as far as the Mr. got after doing all sorts of prep work, such as changing out all the outlets to the kind that have 3 holes.   The yellow is up.   And all "edges" of the purple is on.

next weekend:   Painting is DONE!


such a nice shade of lavendar.   Calming.


Here is the Tink border that will be going up soon


Sydney loves the new colors!




someone needs to find a brush before church.


who is this big girl walking so confidently?  
Where are the baby arms out to the sides for balance?

When the painting was all done, Dana said it was good that I went with making half that wall a different color.   He ran out of purple.    Had just enough to scrape by and finish the walls that needed it - barely.   Would not have had enough to do that entire wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment