Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Turning 2

Turning 2 started a day early on Wednesday July 13th. That was the day she wore her "2" ladybug shirt to daycare and we brought Lofthouse cookies for her classes and the staff.

Her new trick is, instead of climbing in her carseat, she climbs through to the front seat and wants to drive. LOL.



and, this is about the best picture I got of her bday shirt:


On Thursday, July 14th (her actual birthday), Nana came down and we headed out for a day at the San Diego Safari Park. Usually it would be way too warm this time of year, but thankfully we were having a mild summer week. Forecast for Escondido was high of 76. It felt like it was maybe in the low 80s in the sun. The breeze and the shade were actually quite pleasant.


Buggy had a lot of fun, and Nana and Mommy got a lot of walking in. After doing a loop of Elephants, Tigers, Giraffes, Rhinos and finally Lions, we found a Sprinkle play area for little ones. We didn't have a swimsuit on hand, but I did have extra clothes, so we stripped Buggy down and let her have at it in her onesie and socks. The child was soaked. She had fun playing with the Turtle. Covering the top-of-the-head water spout and uncovering. Over and over and over.






While Buggy played, Nana watched, and I fed Annabelle in the shade.


Then we headed up the tall elevator to the platform area that overlooks everything, and decided we needed a snack and a rest. I found my favorite nachos at this location!! Yum!! Just like they have down at the Zoo!




Buggy snacked in her rumble seat:


Nana and the girls:


my nachos.



The monkeys and Gorillas were all sleeping, but Bug really enjoyed watching the duckies.



Bug played some bongo drums, while I fed Annabelle again.



When we got home, it was time for a cupcake! She blew out the candles so fast! Faster than I could catch them both lit on camera.






July 17th was Bug's party at Chuck E. Cheese's. I think a good time was had by most everyone who came. As good of a time as one can have at CEC.


Here is Bug in her favorite blue car with her new friend Reese.



another Cupcake:



and back later to that blue car:



I also found that she loved climbing up into the climbing tubes that went all around the ceiling. I was paranoid of her falling down the side with the straight climbing drop (as opposed to the curvy slide down). Everytime she got away from someone and got in there, I would get a bit anxious. Kelly, our friends' 5 year old, had to go in and get her out a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment