Thursday, August 27, 2009

Buggy's first week

We arrived home Thursday evening (July 16th) and took some pictures on our patio. I deleted most of the pics that had me with the baby because I was soooooo swollen, bloated and just looked generally awful. I did save 2 pics. Dana and Sydney photographed well together.


Later that first evening while rocking her in the glider in the nursery she had her first earthquake experience. It was a small local shaker. She slept through it. And that was the last sleeping she did for that night. At 12:45am she woke up screaming. I rocked and shushed and tried to console her until 1:30am when I finally went and woke up Dana. The 2 of us were up with her all night while she continued to scream until 7am. I did call my mom at 6:45am because I was starting to think there was something really wrong (and I had no luck when calling the number for Kaiser’s pediatric advice nurse line). My mom came down that day for the first of many days spent with us that first week.

I don’t remember much about Friday other than I was exhausted, my mom was here, and Dana’s parents came to see the baby that evening. Also over for a visit were Dawn and her 2 kids. This is a pic of our precious sleeping baby from that Friday. 3 days old.


Saturday morning brought Sydney’s last poop for a while (more on that in a minute), and also her first doctor visit. She weighed in at 6 lbs on that day and was declared a perfect baby. Dana really took control at that appt – taking care of getting her undressed and undiapered for the scale and redressing/diapering her after. Not to mention in and out of the car seat – which I was not too good at yet. I was just too exhausted to deal. I did take lots of pics of her riding in her car seat in the car.





And onto the poop saga. All day Saturday passed with no poop out of our little one after
her 5am diaper. Then Sunday and Monday also passed with nothing. Tuesday
morning came and we called for a doctor appt. That appt was successful after the
insertion of a glycerine suppository. Boy did that ever work. Luckily, the nurse let us
stay in the exam room until it kicked in. Also lucky that I had my mother with me.
This was definitely a 2 person job. In fact, it was such a mess that instead of doing the
initial wiping up with a wet wipe, I just used the diaper that I had sitting out and ready as a "wipe". And that still wasn’t enough. It was just so much “ick”. But surprisingly hysterical at
the same time. My mom and I were laughing so hard. I sent the pic to Dana on his cell phone and called him to check it. His words were “That’s our kid?” And being a boy, he showed the pic to practically anyone who’d look. Such a proud daddy.


WARNING: DISGUSTING PICTURES BELOW:

mom peeking in the leghole of her onesie:



and the whole shebang:






No comments:

Post a Comment